Friday, August 29, 2014

Concert at The Hearth

Hello all!  Hope everyone is ready for a 3 day weekend.  I  sure am! I wanted to give an update, for those who couldn't make it, on how volunteering at The Hearth went. 

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend due to work commitments, but I have gotten great feedback.  My husband went (yes, even though GLAM is for women, all extra curricular activities men are definitely more than welcome) and said everyone had a good time.

The group that volunteered met early to help set up.  After they did a little decorating and rearranging of furniture, they helped residents down to to concert.  Once everyone that wanted to attend was there the group was able to chat and get to know some of the residents. 

Everyone I talked to really enjoyed helping out and getting involved at The Hearth.  It was a great event for GLAM's first time volunteering. This opportunity opened up the chance for GLAM to do more.  We actually have a date set up to go back and play cards with some of the residents.  I will post that information soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment