Monday, September 22, 2014

Euchre Night at The Hearth

I wanted to fill everyone in on a fun night some of the GLAM members had with The Hearth residents.

 We did some volunteering between scheduled GLAM monthly volunteer sessions and decided to play cards with the residents at The Hearth. 

It was so much fun! We had 3 tables going between residents and GLAM members.  There was a beginners table, a intermediate table, and an advanced table.  When I say advanced I mean it!!!  We have a family member who actually lives at The Hearth.  She was at the advanced table and she was a card shark!

It was a great time to really get to know the residents while enjoying something they love to do.  The residents seemed to enjoy themselves and many of them even asked how often we would be back. 

I will let you all know when we go again.  I definitely recommend coming a long even if you aren't they best card player.  We had great teachers!

To advertise to it's residents that there would be a card night The Hearth made fliers.  The fliers said Euchre with Lisa.  So, Brittany and I decided we needed a picture by the sign for the blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment